This Event Is Now Closed.
Athletics North Queensland in conjunction with Athletics Australia is now calling on nominations to be part of the 2018 Melanesian Regional Championships.
The championships will be held in Port Vila, Vanuatu from 9th May-11th May 2018.. To be considered for the Regional Australia Team to compete at these Championships please, read the below Selection Policy before lodging a nomination. Note, nominations are free of charge and must be received by 11:45pm AEST, SUNDAY 18th MARCH 2018
Nomination and Selection Criteria
Only those athletes who qualify according to below eligible for selection in the Team:
- Be a citizen of Australia
- Have a valid Passport (passports need to have at least 6 months before the expiry date to be allowed to travel)
- Either have their normal place of residence (defined as being a place where an athlete is resident and/or educated) in an “athletically remote area” of Australia (defined as a being a place more than 300km from any major city at which track and field competition is held on a regular basis i.e. basically weekly or fortnightly during the track season) or “Northern Australia” (defined as comprising the Northern Territory, parts of Western Australia and North Queensland, north of 26th parallel south latitude).
- Be a registered member of Athletics Australia through an affiliated club
- Remain in ‘good standing’ with Athletics Australia and at all times comply with Athletics Australia Code of Conduct and otherwise conduct themselves in a way that does not bring their sport or the national team into disrepute.
- Perform a qualifying performance between the 1st June 2017-30th April 2018
In addition to the above, athletes that are competing in the U18 age group must be born no earlier than 2003